I cannot give you a guarantee that attending my clinic for acupuncture is completely risk-free in terms of exposure to coronavirus.
However if we work together by understanding and sticking to the following protocol we can significantly diminish any risk, and take care of ourselves and others:
- We both need to wear a face mask throughout your treatment.
- You are welcome to use your own face mask or alternatively I can sell you one at cost price.
- Please use the alcohol based hand sanitiser located outside the front door before you enter the building. There is also additional hand sanitiser located at the top of the stairs.
- If you have arrived early and use the waiting room, please avoid touching anything in there if possible! I will ask you to use hand sanitiser again before we enter the treatment room.
- However, ideally you will only enter the clinic at the time of your appointment and we will go directly to the treatment room.
- Please don’t touch the door handles either when entering or leaving the treatment room. I will open the door for you!
- Please bring a couple of clean towels or sheets with you in a bag when coming for treatment. This saves me from having to change & launder new towels / blankets / pillowcases after every treatment, which would definitely be problematic!
In addition to the above, I myself will be:
- Wearing medical scrubs which will be washed after each day.
- Washing my hands thoroughly between each appointment.
- Using additional alcohol based hand sanitiser whilst in the treatment room
- Cleaning down the chair, desk, treatment couch and anything else that has been touched by the previous patient after they have left the treatment room using 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Airing the treatment room for a minimum of one hour between treatments. This will be possible as I have two treatment rooms so can alternate.
- Using UV light as an additional antiviral measure whilst the room is airing between patients.